10 Frustrating Things That Happen in the Business of Domain Investing
There are many great things about investing in domain names, and there are great people involved in the business. There are also plenty of things that are completely frustrating and seem to happen all too often, most frequently at the worst times.
Here are my top ten frustrating things that happen in the domain business.
- Someone backs out of a deal – buyer or seller
- Recently acquired domain name starts earning less PPC or Adsense revenue shortly after acquisition
- Potential buyer or seller stops communicating in the middle of a negotiation
- Last second backorders by several people at NameJet on a domain name that had no bids
- Forum know it alls who only post when they can put down someone else
- $60 offers on Sedo
- Private negotiations that are sent to auction on Sedo
- Domain brokers who appear to imply they have a buyer lined up for your domain name but are only looking for domain names to secure exclusivity
- Transfers and transactions that take forever to complete
- Dozens of spam emails from Alex / Alexander about crappy domain names
What other occurrences in the domain industry do you find frustrating?
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email