There has been a considerable amount of mainstream media coverage on the new gTLDs, and it’s interesting to see how these media outlets discuss the new domain names and the impact they will have on the Internet. I want to share links to some of the mainstream articles that I’ve found from the last week that might be of interest to you.
By the way, do you care about gTLDs? Vote now!
- “After .xxx, here come .sex and .porn sites” CNN
- Battlefield Internet: A Saga of the Year 2012 – Financial Times
- .What? June 13 is Domain Reveal Day – Portland Business Journal
- How the Internet will get new domain name suffixes – Boston.com
- ICANN to reveal gTLD applicants – BtoB Magazine
- This Week in Tech: Tech world braces for wave of new domain names – The Hill
- Master of Their Domains – AdWeek
- ICANN Says Will Unveil New Web Addresses June 13 – Investor’s Business Daily
- Donuts Raises $100M-Plus To Deliver ‘Dot-Anything-You-Want’ Domain Names – Wall Street Journal
- .Cash: Domain Name Wholesaler Donuts Raises $100 Million – Forbes
- The Latest Domain-Name Gold Rush – Business Week
- Are Web domains .lol and .sucks coming soon? – Financial Post