DMD Beats Street: Stock Up After Hours
Demand Media (stock symbol DMD) reported its quarterly earnings today, and despite reporting a loss, the company beat the street predictions. Demand Media owns and operates domain registrar Enom and domain auction service NameJet.
The stock ended the trading day down almost 9% to $7.08/share, but the price surged after hours. DMD stock is currently trading at $8.30/share, up close to 20%.
Some information that may be of interest to you from the Q3 report:
- 25% increase in revenue to $81.5 million
- eHow.com saw 71.5 million unique users in September
- Domain registration margins at Enom increased 2% YTD over last year through Q3 (perhaps attributed to higher .CO registration fees?)
- Average revenue per domain in Q3: $10.20 and YTD: $10.12
- Enom saw a 15% increase in the number of registered domain names in Q3 as well as YTD
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email