Do You Own Category Defining .com Domain Names?
Rick Schwartz has been discussing the requirements to be eligible to participate in his new JointVentures.com venture. When you look at them as a unit, it’s essentially category defining .com domain names that are eligible.
Here are the requirements that Rick listed:
- Must be a dot com.
- Must clearly state & define the product or service being sold.
- Must be easy to pronounce & therefore pass the radio test.
- Must not be longer than necessary, the shorter the better.
- Must be about a product or service that is in demand & being searched for.
- Must be easy to remember, in fact it must be a no brainer to remember.
- Must be a domain a business could be built on.
I don’t know whether some people don’t understand what a “category defining” domain name is, or if they are hoping for the best when they submit them, but I am wondering what category defining .com domain names you own. If you own any and they are for sale, I welcome you to mention that, too.
In case you’re wondering, here are a few of the category defining domain names my company owns right now: ContactManagement.com, BrandManagement.com, EventPlanner.com, HomeStorage.com, and DogWalker.com.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email