Favorite Domain Registrar of Politicians
I read an article this morning in USA Today (“Presidential campaigns buy up domain names for ‘microsites‘”) and I wanted to do a bit of research to see what domain registrars presidential candidates and other politicians seem to prefer. I also checked the registration of domain names used by political parties.
Listed below are the candidates and parties, as well as the preferred domain name registrar based on the registration of the domain name that is used as the primary website. Candidates and parties may use other registrars for their “microsites,” but that would be more difficult to track.
- President Barack Obama (BarackObama.com) – Go Daddy
- Mitt Romney (MittRomney.com) – Go Daddy
- Joe Biden (JoeBiden.com) - Network Solutions
- Hillary Clinton (HillaryClinton.com) – Network Solutions
- Marco Rubio (MarcoRubio.com) – Go Daddy
- Eric Cantor (EricCantor.com) – GoDaddy
- Newt Gingrich – (Newt.org) – Enom
- John Boehner (JohnBoehner.com) – Register.com
- Democratic Party (Democrats.org) – Enom
- Republican Party (GOP.com) – Network Solutions
- Libertarian Party (LP.org) – Network Solutions
As you can see, it does not appear that one political party has more of an affiliation with a domain registrar than another political party. One thing is the same for all candidates and political parties, and it’s not surprising: all of the registrars that are used above are American companies.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email