Looking at Sedo’s Top 10 Sales of 2015
Sedo shared a list of the top ten public sales that were transacted on its marketplace in 2015. Only the top sales that were publicly reported are included in this list, and I think it would look quite different had all of its top sales been reported.
Several of the sales were written about around the time they occurred, although the majority of acquisitions were not covered. It looks like only one or two of the top sales were transacted via Sedo’s monthly Great Domains auctions, although I could be mistaken.
I want to share the top 10 public sales of 2015 that were transacted on Sedo and have a look at how the domain names are being used today:
- 1) Give.com – $500,000 – Parked
- 2) Heika.com – $300,000 – – Chinese website
- 3) Same.com – $233,333 – – Forwards to OhSame.com Chinese website
- 4) Pax.com – $200,000 – Owned by Pax Labs
- 5) Response.com – $150,000 – Company called Response
- 6) Anker.com – $130,000 – Company called Anker
- 7) KHC.com – $120,000 – Does not resolve
- 8) Ignite.com $112,500 – Coming soon landing page
- 9) Mercari.com – 100,000 Euro – Company called Mercari
- 10) Material.com – $100,000Material company coming soon
If I had to guess, I would imagine that many of the top sales of the year were private sales that were closed by brokers. I always request privacy on deals that I do when they aren’t at auction. For instance, I purchased Exclaim.com via Sedo during the final week of the year, and the purchase price was not reported publicly.
I like seeing sales reports like this, but they only tell a small part of the story.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email