Mini Site Updates
It’s a lazy Sunday, so here’s an update on some mini sites I built (or had built) in 2009-2011. I have not really been building them anymore because the revenue is low and I would rather focus on my current projects if I am going to work on development.
I sold a few of the domain names on which I built mini sites in the last year, so I won’t include those below (AthensVacations.com, ParabolicSkis.com, JerusalemVacations.com…etc). The websites were not included in the deals, although the buyers likely gave some consideration to the fact that they were listed in Google. I don’t know how much value that is, but that is my assumption.
As of now, I really only track six of these sites: CabCompanies.com, HousekeepingService.com, BullRidingHelmet.com, HockeyGoalieHelmet.com, TobagoVacations.com, and SlipperyElm.com. The first two sites aren’t exactly mini sites because they have hundreds of pages of data-driven content, but I don’t consider them full development projects either.
Here are the earnings for each of these sites in 2011 and 2012 YTD:
- CabCompanies.com – 2011: $692
- CabCompanies.com – 2012 YTD: $93
- HousekeepingService.com - 2011: $38 (built at end of year)
- HousekeepingService.com - 2012 YTD: $69
- TobagoVacations.com – 2011: $74
- TobagoVacations.com – 2012 YTD: $19
- 2 Helmet names (use the same Adsense code) - 2011: $162
- 2 Helmet names (use the same Adsense code) - 2012 YTD: $31
- SlipperyElm.com - 2011 earnings: $234
- SlipperyElm.com - 2012 YTD: $134