New gTLDs Will…
New gTLD domain names are a source of discussion and debate throughout the domain investment space. Off the top of my head, I can’t really think of a more polarizing topic related to domain names.
Last week, I reached out to a random group of colleagues to get their feedback on the new gTLD domain names that will be rolling out soon. I asked them to complete the following sentence using 5 of their own words or less: “gTLDs will…” As you can see below, the responses run the gamut.
Within the next few months, new gTLDs will become available for the public to register, purchase, reserve, and use, and I think it’s going to be fun to watch what happens. I invite you to complete the “gTLDs will…” sentence in your own 5 words in the comment section.
Thanks to those who participated and to those who participate with a comment!
- Francois Carrillo, Domaining.com – gTLDs will be top announcers in domaining.com.
- John Ferber, Domain Holdings – gTLDs will create a world of opportunity.
- Donna Mahony, Domain Boardroom – gTLDs will make some rich, some poor
- Larry Fischer – gTLDs will make money for registrars & registries.
- Rick Schwartz – gTLDs will mostly die on the vine.
- Eric Borgos, Impulse Communications – gLTDs will lower .com domain values.
- Nat Cohen, Telepathy – gTLDs will be a niche market, though…
- Elliot Noss, Tucows – gTLDs will bring semantics to the DNS or gTLDs will flatten the name space.
- Joe Politzer, DN.BIZ – gTLDs will make more losers than winners.
- Donny Simonton, Voodoo.com – gTLDs will make millions for registrars and registries.
- Scott Ross, Promediary – gTLDs will forever bow to the .com.
- Troy Rushton, Protrada – gTLDs will cause fragmentation and create opportunities.
- Adam Dicker, DNForum – gTLDs will confuse the general public.
- Mike Robertson, Domain Guardians – gTLDs will create a lot of buzz.
- Braden Pollock, Legal Brand Marketing – gTLDs will leak traffic to the .com.
- Tan Tran, FreshDrop – gTLDs will make some people go broke.
- Bill Sweetman, Name Ninja – gTLDs will elevate public awareness of domain names.
- Bob Mountain, NameMedia – gTLDs will raise the domain aftermarket water level.
- Dave Evanson, Sedo – gTLDs will selectively expand the relevant options.
- Jeremiah Johnston, Internet Commerce Association – gTLDs will excite and confuse marketing professionals.
- Thies Lindenthal, IDNX – gTLDs will rejuvenate saturated domain markets
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email