Nominet Seeking New gTLD Lead
If you are interested in working with the new gTLDs from the registry side, perhaps this job opening at Nominet will be of interest to you. Nominet is an domain name registry based in the UK. The company posted a job opening for the position of gTLD Lead.
The person who is hired will manage the new gTLD business development activities for the company. The position is based out of the company’s Oxford office, and the salary is “up to £61,000,” which is just under $100k annually in USD. This seems like a decent opportunity for someone with a strong interest in the new gTLDs who wants to work on the registry side of the business.
If you are interested, visit the Nominet job description page for full details. Below, I’ve extracted what I believe are the two most important set of requirements – the job responsibilities and the background / profile information.
- Lead the expansion in the gTLD markets
- Initiate, negotiate and close commercial agreements
- You will be instrumental in devising and implementing the strategy for meeting sales performance targets
- Working with cross company team to win new gTLD business
- Establish sales forecasts and reporting to the commercial team
- Build a pipeline of short, medium and long term prospects
- Ensure growth targets are met in line with strategy expectations and forecasting
- You will be the lead for our gTLD prospects and understand their business plans and the impact the gtld will have on their organisation. You will appreciate their vision and how Nominet will create value for them
- You will initiate and lead strategic partnerships to develop Nominet’s growth in this market.
Background and Profile:
- Strong client-facing and presentation skills
- Desire to over achieve
- Resourceful and capable of remaining calm and decisive under pressure
- Ability to work on your own and in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong colleague and client relationship
- Strong planning and organisational abilities
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email