Official Announcement from Sedo
I just received the email news release from Tim Schumacher, CEO of Sedo, where the company announced some changes in format and in domain names that could be sold on the platform. I would imagine many people are most interested in seeing the new commission rates, and those are provided on Sedo’s price list. These changes go into effect on August 1, 2011.
Sedo is celebrating a decade as the world’s leading marketplace for buying and selling domains, and we couldn’t have made it this far without you. Thank you!
We’ve been working hard on features you’ve requested and want to empower you with the platform and tools you need. We’re proud to announce the next generation of Sedo’s Domain Marketplace, designed to give you more efficiency, connectivity, and visibility. While you may have already noticed some recent improvements to our site, major changes will be launched on August 1, 2011. You can look forward to:
- Streamlined purchasing is now quicker and easier for buyers.
- Integrated WhoIs verification helps sellers respond to offers faster and buyers bid with confidence.
- New certification options give members instant access while protecting marketplace security.
- Smart email notifications inform previous bidders when sellers set a domain as fixed price – making it available as a Buy Now listing – or lower the price of a Buy Now domain by 5% or more.
- With Facebook®, anyone in the world can share the domains they “like” right from Sedo offer pages.
- In-browser search for Firefox® makes it even easier to find the perfect domain.
- All listings automatically enjoy exposure across Sedo’s Domain Marketplace, including our growing SedoMLS Promotion Network. Premium SedoMLS Promotion is available for domains at select registrars, with activation.
- Syndication, instant purchase through partner websites, and referrals bring more targeted leads and boost sales.
- Buy Now domains get added exposure in Sedo’s marketing and promotion channels.
Discover all of the new promotional features of Sedo’s Domain Marketplace on our updated Sell Domains Overview.
As we continue to invest in improvements and increase the visibility of domain listings, the prices for some services, along with our Terms & Conditions, are changing on August 1, 2011. Highlights include:
- 24 more TLDs, including .fr and .it, will benefit from drastically-reduced minimum commissions of 50 USD, rather than the previous 150 USD.
- Commission prices for domain sales will be determined by the promotion channel through which a sale originates and range from 10% to 20%.
- You can still enjoy a low 10% commission for domain sales that originate through Sedo’s website if you park your domains and set fixed, “Buy Now” prices.
We invite you to review our revised Price List and Terms & Conditions for full details.
We hope you’re as excited for our August launch as we are, and we cannot wait to help you accomplish more with domains.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email