Saturday Afternoon Updates: Several Large Sales Reported This Week
Hope you’re having a nice weekend. As much as the death of Apple’s Steve Jobs was somewhat expected, it was still really sad to hear about. In looking around at the devices I use on a daily basis, almost everything important to me is from Apple (with the exception of my Blackberry). The guy was an innovator and his presence will be missed. Anyway, I want to share some updates with you.
– For my Jewish readers currently observing Yom Kippur, I hope you have an easy fast. It’s during the Jewish holidays that I wish I would be doing more with Torah.com. I am sure I will eventually be able to turn it into a meaningful website.
– Shaun Pilfold’s company sold two great domain names last week, although the sales prices are subject to a non-disclosure agreement. Pilfold sold Campgrounds.com and RVParks.com. Pilfold originally picked up Campgrounds.com for a reported $175,000in 2007, and I believe a company had been leasing the names for a few years. I am quite certain this was a lucrative sale and I congratulate Shaun.
– I read a press release announcing that Gay.XXX sold for half a million dollars this past week. Wow. I am pretty floored about the sale price. It sure does make Frank Schilling and Michael Berkens look pretty savvy after their .XXX investments/purchases.
– Just because Gay.XXX sold for $500k, it doesn’t mean that RandomGayDomain.XXX will be worth anything. I think the biggest issue with some domain investors buying gTLD domain names is that they buy crappy names and then get pissed at the Registry and everyone but themselves. If you stick to good domain names, you’ll probably make money.
– I’m very happy the Yankees and Devil Rays lost each of there ALDS series and the Philies lost the NLDS. I’m a Red Sox fan, and if the Sox don’t win, I thoroughly enjoy rooting against the Yankees.
– Some recent domain purchases I’ve made: SciaticaTreatment.com, LinkwheelService.com, MemoryBoxes.com, AftermarketPrices.com, RosslynRealEstate.com, and CallCenterOperations.com. Feel free to share yours in the comment section.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email