Hope you all had a nice week. Karen and I are doing a 70 mile bike “Ride to Montauk” today, so comments might not be approved until later tonight or tomorrow, assuming I survive. Here are some weekend updates.
- I was a bit taken aback when I first heard the Oversee news yesterday at the end of the business day, but it does seem to make sense. I am sure the company’s performance has suffered greatly in the last year or few, and a shakeup was likely necessary especially because of the outside investment. I don’t know what impact this will have on the domain industry at large, but we’ll likely learn more in the coming days. As I told a friend yesterday, domain names are worth the same today as they were worth yesterday.
- I wonder how much of an impact Frank Schilling’s Internet Traffic has had on Oversee’s revenue in the last month and revenue projections going forward. I really don’t think this is going to be the last big shakeup in the domain industry this year.
- I read a ShoeMoney newsletter about a SEO company called SEO Link Wheelers (affiliate), and I am thinking about using them for a couple of websites to improve long tail search rankings. Has anyone here had experience with the company’s services? It seems a bit pricey but certainly well worth the investment if it works.
- A few people emailed me in private telling me they donated to Craig Rowe’s Make A Wish fundraising effort, and that’s greatly appreciated. I am not sure if Craig raised $500 yesterday, but I am going to give him the full match amount anyway. It’s a great organization and I am happy to support it.
- For those of you who like .TV domain names, Name.com is offering a Father’s Day deal on new registrations ($9.99/year). Enter coupon code DADDIO when you check out.
- Interesting to read the mainstream press’ view on gTLD domain names. There was an article on the front page of the Yahoo Finance website today: Internet braces for ‘.Vegas’ and other not-coms. It really seems like ICANN is going to move forward in Singapore this time, although I wouldn’t bet on it even though I am a betting person.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email