We are taking our daughter to her first Red Sox game of the season today. I didn’t really like it when the Red Sox introduced Wally the Green Monster as a team mascot, but it makes me smile every time Hailey yells out “Wally!” when she sees him on tv. If you are celebrating Easter, I hope you have a great holiday and are spending it with friends and family. The Spring is coming!
Here are some weekend updates:
- Speaking of Easter, holiday weekends can be good times for domain investors to win domain auctions. People may be focused on other things, and it could be a good time to swoop in and win an auction or place a backorder on a great name that others miss. I know I will be scouring NameJet for good deals this weekend.
- I think one of my favorite new TLDs is .Ninja. I don’t love it as an investor, but I think there is a huge target audience, judging by how many websites there are that are -Ninja.com. One of the reasons for DogWalker.com’s continued success is because many dog walkers are small business owners who are the decision maker. Judging by some of the brands using .Ninja, it seems like it’s a similar type of audience. I think it’s similar in nature to .Guru, although .Ninja has the “cool” factor. Again, I am not going to be investing in any .Ninja domain names, but I could see it getting some traction.
- One thing I didn’t mention in the Miami Herald article about .CO, but something that didn’t go unnoticed was this: “Lori Anne Wardi will remain in the role of vice president, and will continue overseeing the evolution of the .CO brand, as well as help Neustar with .NYC, New York City’s soon-to-be-launched official domain extension.” I’ve known Lori Anne for a while, and not only is she an expert in the domain space, but she is also a New Yorker. .NYC is another one of my favorite gTLD extensions, and I think this is quietly a big win for Neustar.
- Congratulations to Shane and Aaron on the merger of their two blogs, which will operate on DomainShane.com. Running a blog can be quite a bit of work, especially if the owner has other business interests, and these two guys will be able to create a stronger blog by working together. I wish them lots of luck on the merger.
- Speaking about domain blogs for a moment, I hope you’ve had a chance to check out Michael Gilmour’s WhizzbangsBlog.com recently. He’s shared some pretty good insight, and it’s well worth a read when you get some time.
- The Media Options auctions are beginning to take place on NameJet. It looks like there are some pretty good names up for sale over the next few days.
- When you have a chance, check out Gary Vaynerchuk’s article on Medium about being grateful. Some very good things to think about.
- Free tip. If you try to sell me a domain name and I haven’t responded to two of your emails, chances are good I have no interest. I do my best to reply to all emails, but sometimes I don’t get a chance because I am busy with other things. There’s a chance I missed the first email (especially if it was in my inbox first thing in the morning when I have 60+ emails to go through, but if I don’t reply after two emails, it’s very likely a third email will go unanswered.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email