It’s getting a bit brisk here in New York City, and this is the time when I think about how nice it would be to live in Florida or southern California. NYC is a great place to live, but it’s cold in the winter. Here are some Saturday updates.
– Congratulations to Mike, Rick, and Ammar on their big sale this past week. I know of another very large (all cash) .ME sale that happened this year, although it was/is a private deal. It helps prove that people who invest wisely can still make significant money with their domain investments.
– Rick is on point with his post this morning. For me, the timelines and amounts of money may be different, but that’s exactly how I was able to turn a hobby into a full time profession that I enjoy. Yes, there is considerable risk if you don’t have disposable income, but there is also innumerable upside. The key thing is to read everything you can to learn what makes a domain name valuable.
– A while ago I blogged about Cheesecake.com going up for sale. Someone asked me about it last week, so I thought I’d give an update. The domain name is now being represented by Domain Advisors, according to a September press release. Contact
Brooke Hernandez at (800) 477-8207 if you are interested in discussing this opportunity.
– Dan Vescuso from NameMedia is participating in this year’s Mt. Kilimanjaro Water Climb to benefit the Water School. You can support his efforts and others on the Water Climb website. The deadline to sign up for the March climb is December 1. Everyone I’ve spoken with that has gone has had a life changing experience.
– I had a ratings plugin added to DogPark.com and people are also able to post reviews. If you happen to visit a dog park this weekend (or have visited a dog park in the past), please consider taking a moment to rate and/or review it.
– Thanks to Theo for his Domain Gang post yesterday, and thank you to others who sent emails, Facebook messages and Twitter posts. Very exciting times.
– If you like dogs, you’ll probably like this video I saw:
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email