Sedo to Run Numeric Domain Auction
— Kathy Nielsen (@NewDomainsSedo) July 2, 2014
With numeric domain names continuing to sell for high prices, Sedo announced that it will be running a “premium numeric domain auction” in September. I assume this means they will be looking for very short numeric domain names (NN, NNN, and NNNN) in popular extensions. Hopefully the lead time will give them a chance to reach out to their buyers and other known buyers to help facilitate deals.
If you are interested in submitting a domain name for the auction, listed below are the important dates to remember:
- Submission Period: July 1st – 31st, 2014
- Selection Period: August 1st – 8th, 2014
- Auction Period： September 3rd – 10th, 2014
According to the auction page on the Sedo website, “Numeric Domains have continuously broken sales records in the past few years! This trend is originating from China, but now spreading over the world.” I certainly wish I would have kept my numeric domain names, but I didn’t anticipate them to increase in value so much over the last few years.
Here is the submission criteria I found on Sedo’s website:
Premium Numeric Domain Auction :: Application Criteria
The domain must be a PURE NUMERIC domain, consisting solely of numbers to the left of the dot.
1) Preferred TLDs : .COM/ .NET / .CN / .COM.CN
2) Other TLDs or ccTLDs might be accepted if the domain quality is extraordinary and the reserve price is reasonable
1) Preferred length: maximum of four numbers or less
2) Names with more than four numbers, but less than or equal to six might be also considered if the quality and reserve prices are more than appropriate, such as:
The number is easy to remember and has a high commercial value.
The reserve price for the domain is reasonable
The domain doesn’t infringe any third party rights (e.g. trademark rights)
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email