Some Sunday Updates
Just got back home after a weekend away, and I want to share some Sunday updates with you. Hope it’s been a good weekend for you.
– .XXX was approved last week by ICANN, and there have been a number of articles in the mainstream media written about the extension. It’s interesting to read some of the comments written by readers. I personally don’t see an easy/smooth adoption, but what do I know.
– Andrew Allemann wrote a guest post on TechCrunch about the approval of .XXX. TC publisher (Michael Arrington) has roots in the domain business, but he invited Andrew to write the article, and I always think it’s good when well-written and spoken domain investors are given a platform in a more mainstream publication. Take a look when you get a chance.
– I really hope this domain privacy dispute is squashed soon. I think it’s good that the information is out there, but it’s tough to read some of the personal insults that have been made by commenters.
– Unfortunately, there’s been silence from the one source that really matters to me at this point, which of course is Oversee. The company spokesman acknowledged that there was a policy violation (which led to an employee being placed on “administrative leave”), but there was no follow-up statement about how the company will prevent such occurrences from happening again in the future.
– I want to say thank you again to those of you where were able to donate money to the Ronald McDonald House in our effort to raise $5,000. We’re almost there – thank you!
– I have a general request for you to consider. Take it easy in your comments and interactions with others over the next few days. A shaky economy, the disaster in Japan, and the uncertainty in the Middle East and Africa have a lot of people on edge right now. Let’s try to be good to each other and limit the vitriol and negativity. If you can cut someone a bit of slack, now’s the time to be generous. You don’t know what burdens others are shouldering right now.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email