Sunday Afternoon Update
Hope you are having a nice weekend. I’m exhausted, having just completed the 44 mile 5 Boro Bike Tour this morning. My muscles are sore, but it feels great to have done this for such a great organization.
Here are some of my thoughts this weekend:
- I am very surprised that Boston.net didn’t meet it’s reserve (somewhere under $25,000) at Sedo last week. I was almost positive the domain name was going to sell, although I personally don’t invest in .net domain names.
- I am strongly thinking about re-developing TropicalBirds.com using my DogWalker.com business model (while keeping all the content). The site receives over 10,000 visits a month, and many of those people are looking for breeders. The only thing that scares me a bit is that I don’t have many inquiries about advertising. I am conflicted – what do you think I should do?
- People always seem to be interested in learning what names I am buying. Here are a few recent aftermarket acquisitions: XXD.com, InsuranceInvestigations.com, NoBarkDogCollar.com, InternetResearchers.com, HousekeepingService.com, HomeImprovementForum.com, IndiaOutsourcing.com, CollegeInterview.com, and NetworkingForum.com. How about you?
- The other day, someone commented that my blog was a bit less “sticky” since I am rarely discussing my development projects. I have not been starting new projects lately because I have enough work with my current projects. Additionally, sales have been picking up, so I am focusing more on acquisitions and sales rather than development. When times are tough, development can help build new revenue streams, but when my sales are great, there’s far less of a need to build these new streams, although I continue to focus on my current projects.
- I’ve said this several times, but people continue to email me questions about domain investing. I don’t offer private consulting services, but I will do my best to give you a thorough answer if you post your question on DomainQuestions.com.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email