Sunday Thoughts & Updates
My wife is a superstar. Despite being a working professional, she pretty much runs the household. She also runs. In fact, tomorrow morning, she will be running the Boston Marathon. This will be her second marathon, and she has always wanted to run Boston. My wife is running on behalf of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and she raised over $6,000 from friends and family. Needless to say, I am very proud of her.
Here are some domain industry updates and thoughts. Yours are also welcome in the comment section if you have anything you would like to share:
- I think the Snapnames / NameJet partnership on drops will yield good results for both companies. What I anticipate is that auctions will have more participants and that will drive up bidding. Previously, I might backorder a name at one company, and if the other got it, I would forget about it. Now, it seems like I will be entered into more auctions. I think this will mean bigger auctions, which will yield more revenue. Yes, the companies will split the revenue, but it will likely pay off in my opinion. I don’t know if this is good for bidders, but I would imagine it will give more opportunities for people like me to win when I would have forgotten about a name.
- I was glad to see that the KQ.com UDRP was decided in favor of the domain owner. According to the DomainGang.com article, the UDRP decision has not yet been published, so I am looking forward to reading it once it is published on the WIPO website.
- The Times of India published an article about the apparent reported sale of maxchanzuckerberg.org. In my opinion, this was cybersquatting since the registrant seems to have bought the domain name only because Mark Zuckerberg and his wife gave that name to their baby daughter.
- I am interested to see the TopCoin pricing for Uniregistry-owned/managed domain names. I probably have quite a few TopCoins and I would certainly trade them for domain names.
- There is going to be a Boston domain investor meet up either late this Spring or early Summer. I will keep you posted when the date has been determined.
- My favorite most recent domain acquisition is Stallion.com.
- I am 23% of the way towards my Pan-Mass Challenge fundraising goal, and I am 0% of the way done with my training. I’ve been running a fair amount, but I haven’t gotten on my bicycle since last Fall. In fact, it’s been in the shop getting tuned up. I need it to be at least 60 degrees to ride, and the weather has not been cooperating so far. Thanks to all of my domain industry friends and colleagues for their support!
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email