I love living in the Boston area, but there’s something to be said about enjoying 80 degree weather in the middle of winter in south Florida. We just returned from Florida to find 12″ of snow on the ground and frigid temperature. Ugh. Looking forward to traveling to Las Vegas in a week!
Here are some weekly updates and thoughts.
- I love the holiday season, but I am glad it’s over. it is time to get back to business. There are a couple of deals that weren’t completed before the year end, and I am going to try and close them out this week.
- Congratulations to the NamesCon organizers for selling out the event. Whether you love the new gTLDs, hate the new gTLDs, or are indifferent about the whole thing, there is something for everyone at this conference.
- On the flight back to Boston, I was holding Hailey in the back of the plane and ended up spending time chatting with one of the flight attendants whose son works for Staples. Turns out, he worked on the new digital campaign for the company, with a big Times Square billboard, and we spent some time discussing the rebranding. I have to give credit where it’s due – I learned about the new staples logo courtesy of the Frager Factor.
- It’s become something of a tradition for my wife and me to have dinner and/or drinks at The Breakers while we are in Florida for the holidays. We’ve met up with Mike & Judi Berkens in the past and David Castello a couple of times. As soon as we got to the HMF bar, we ran into David and his fiancee Bree, and we spent the next hour in the courtyard drinking and talking business. It’s always great to see them and to get David’s perspective on domain names.
- Thank you to Lucius of Domain Gang who sent me a mini Brazuca World Cup soccer ball. It’s the perfect size for Hailey, and I think she is going to love playing the sport I grew up playing. She’s been breaking the ball in, getting ready for the Spring.
- In case you missed it yesterday, a phishing campaign began yesterday targeting GoDaddy customers under the guise of a Whois verification requirement. Be careful with your emails, especially if you need to click on any links.
- In case you missed it last week, I shared the name of a keyword tool I have found helpful in searching for great domain names. You might want to check it out when you have a chance.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email