Garter snake? pic.twitter.com/m1Syx3hSi9
— Elliot Silver (@DInvesting) June 1, 2014
I feel like a city person at heart still, so when I saw this small snake this morning, it freaked me out a little bit. I believe it is a harmless garter snake, which is common in Massachusetts, but it scared the crap out of me. Anyway, here are some updates, thoughts, and ideas I wanted to share with you.
- The $3 million Sex.xxx domain sale was pretty spectacular. In the comment section of that article, someone mentioned that it probably includes the future adult-related TLDs that will be managed by the ICM Registry, which could be a boon to the operators who cited the SEO value as a reason for their purchase. Having additional websites with the same keyword might bode well for them if they do get those when they are released.
- I wanted to give you a brief gTLD update for my companies. I still only own four gTLD domain names. I have been tempted a few times to register some, but my business strategy is to buy domain names I can monetize / sell in the short term, and I think the new domain names are a long term play.
- Speaking of the new domain names, I thought Ray Hackney posted an article about new gTLD marketing that is worth reading when you have a moment.
- Condolences to Daniel Negari on his loss, which he wrote about on Twitter. It must be a terrible feeling to suffer such a loss on the eve of the .xyz availability.
- It looks like Moniker has relaunched, and it looks pretty slick. I am having trouble logging in to my accounts, and I assume it is related to the re-launch. Hopefully this is a temporary glitch and it will be resolved quickly. Anyone else having issues logging in to Moniker?
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email