I want to share a few updates this evening. I hope you’re enjoying the last few hours of your weekend. Summer is slowly coming to an end, and I would expect to see a pick up in business in a few weeks.
- I want to start off by congratulating Morgan and Daina on their wedding this weekend. It’s great to see two people so committed to each other getting married, and I wish them lots of happiness and good fortune personally and professionally.
- Always do your due diligence when closing a domain acquisition! This thread doesn’t look good, and I hope the buyer gets his money back, but the circumstances of a large company selling a domain name on a domain forum would have seemed fishy to me.
- The infographic that Ray shared is very neat. One of the most interesting things is that Mike Berkens’ blog and my blog are now separated by just 8 websites out of millions online (22,278) vs. 22,286).
- Speaking of that infographic, I really respect what the team at LoveLogo.com is doing to get their name out there. Instead of pestering blog owners to try and get people to post press releases, they are creating very cool graphics that blog owners want to share. I am thinking about having an infographic created for DogWalker.com, and when I decide to do it, I will almost certainly use them.
- If someone wants to organize a $100/team fantasy football league for other domain investors, let me know and I will post about it and participate. I have a bunch of non-business related things going on and don’t want to be a fantasy football commissioner… I will gladly participate though (might as well just give away $100, but that’s another story).
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email