Sunday Updates and Thoughts
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there. I have been spending the day with my family, and I hope you are doing the same if you are celebrating Father’s Day. I feel badly for all the dads who are at ICANN and away from their families today.
Some thoughts and updates are posted below. If you have any thoughts or updates you would like to share, you are welcome to do so even if they have nothing to do with what I shared.
- I wish there was a way I could receive updates from WIPO on UDRP proceedings I want to follow. For example, I would like to be updated when a decision is reached on the iPayments.com UDRP. I receive the WIPO UDRP decisions newsletter, but it’s possible I could miss it amongst the other decisions.
- Igloo.com launched its new website last week, and it looks sleek. I believe the company integrated its Aftermarket.com listings into the Igloo.com website. In fact, the company is now forwarding Aftermarket.com to Igloo.com.
- There is still time to sign up for the Chicago domain investor meetup sponsored by Domain Sponsor / Rook Media. This will be my first time visiting Wrigley Field, and it would be great to see you there.
- There is also still time to sign up to attend the Boston domain investor meetup on July 15.
- It’s frustrating to negotiate with a domain name seller who increases the price during the course of a negotiation, especially when they mention that it is due to another offer received.
- It is even more frustrating when the domain name ends up selling to that other person!
- One lesson I keep having to remind myself is that paying a little more than I wanted to pay (even if that means several thousand dollars on a purchase) is not a bad thing if I think the domain name is worth it. If the domain name is good enough, I should be able to make that up on the sale side.
- I am still regularly buying domain names. Please let me know if you want to sell a domain name that you own. That page has the specifics about what my company is buying.
- Thank you to friends, colleagues, and blog readers who have helped me raise over $3,400 for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute so far! I am a bit more than half-way to my goal of $6,000 for the Pan-Mass Challenge. Here’s a tweet I posted with pictures of the TeamSilver.Rocks cycling shirt:
— Elliot Silver (@DInvesting) June 19, 2015
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email