Sunday Updates & Thoughts
It’s been difficult to get work done during the day while watching the World Cup during the last couple of weeks. Many of the games have been thrilling, and it’s been enjoyable to watch the US Men’s National Team play. I’m excited for their second round game against Belgium on Tuesday. Speaking of Belgium, I could really use a Westy 12 if someone wants to send a 6 pack to me!
I am still raising funds for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. With your help, I’ve raised a little over $1,500 towards my $5,000 goal, and there’s about one month left in my campaign. Can you help?
Here are some thoughts and updates:
- Congratulations to the winners of the Domainers Choice Awards that were held yesterday in Dana Point, California. TheDomains.com has the full list of the award winners.
- For some reason, I keep getting email solicitations from people trying to sell domain names currently in redemption status. Not exactly sure what the strategy with this is, but it’s annoying, especially because the domain names suck.
- If you are interested in attending an ICANN meeting, the ICANN 51 meeting in Los Angeles might be a good opportunity. The meeting will be held October 12-16, 2014. More details can be found on the ICANN website.
- Really interesting article on Time.com about Facebook using its news feed to see if “emotional states can be transmitted between people without face-to-face interaction.”
- I really like the JetPack plugin for WordPress. I think I have it installed on all of my WP-based sites. The plugin has quite a few excellent features, and the in-depth stats offering is very helpful to me.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email