TRAFFIC Auction Accepting Admissions
Rick Schwartz announced that he is now accepting domain name submissions for the TRAFFIC auction. The live auction will take place on October 21, 2013 at 4:30pm during the TRAFFIC conference in Ft. Lauderdale.
The auction will try to focus on higher quality domain names. I assume there will also be higher quality domain names listed with reserve prices (like the Bouquet.com sale in Las Vegas). As has become the norm with TRAFFIC domain auctions, there will be no online bidding, but phone or text bids will be accepted, as will pre-bids. Rick also mentioned that there may be a silent auction, and more details will be provided at a later date.
Rick shared a list of ten rules you must follow if you would like to have a domain name listed in the auction:
1. I don’t have the time to respond if I don’t chose your domain so don’t expect to hear back from me. I am sorry. I am focusing on what I need to do. I apologize in advance. If you don’t hear back from me right away, be patient. Sometimes I need to sleep on it. But my choices should be complete by Friday so I don’t want to keep you hanging.
2. No more than 10 domains on a list and please just send me one list. One GOOD list that are FRESH domains that have not been all over the place.
3. You are selling to domainers, price accordingly. This is NOT an end user event. However if you are an end user you can get an incredible bargain.
4. If it is an alternate extension, it MUST be one word only and it MUST be cheap!
5. I am reviewing domains until Friday at 5PM or before. That’s it. Once I get 75 domains that qualify, done deal.
6. If your domain is borderline, we may take for silent auction if you agree.
7. New gTLD’s may want to consider an early jump start and auction off the rights to some of their premiums coming online.
8. Please don’t get insulted or upset if I don’t choose your domain. I will get ten thousand submissions and only picking 75 or so. My job is to make sure they are the best offered and priced so that they are attractive to domainers. All I can do is balance everything out and choose the best priced, best available domains on the market RIGHT NOW!
9. Your best chance is a meaningful one or two word domain that is a .com and has a very attractive reserve so that multiple domainers would want to own it.
10. Mail entries to: domainking at gmail.com
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email