Vanity Plate Advertising Auction to Support The Internet Commerce Association
Abdu Tarabichi, founder of Domainsville, created a unique auction on Ebay to raise funds for the non-profit Internet Commerce Association (ICA). Abdu is auctioning one year of advertising space as a vanity license plate on his silver 2012 Honda Civic, and all funds will be donated to the ICA.
Listed below are the terms of the auction, and if you are interested in the “naming rights” to Abdu’s license plate, you must adhere to them:
- Your business is ONLY related to the Domain Name Industry.
- Your business is neither adult themed, nor caters to the adult industry.
- Make sure your desired name is available by running a search on https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/PersonalizePlate?serviceType=EXP
- The maximum characters is (8) eight as per NC vehicle registration rules. If your business name / domain name is longer than 8, consider a shortened URL then create a forward from that web address to your main site.
- Your ad will be placed as a rear vanity plate on my car for (1) one year only in the state of North Carolina.
- Other terms and permitted characters can be found at https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/PersonalizePlate?serviceType=EXP
The auction starts at just $.99 and the reserve price is $40 to cover the vanity license plate fees.
Although most domain names are longer than 8 characters, especially with the .com, you might consider using some sort of url shortener (like a .CO domain name for example) and forward it to your website. For instance, perhaps you can buy or use a 3 letter .CO domain name and forward that to whatever website you want to promote.
I think this is a neat idea, and I wouldn’t be surprised if bidding surpasses a few hundred dollars, especially since it’s going towards a great cause.
Click here to see the auction.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email