Spread Your News to the Domain Industry via Press Release
Although I don’t consider myself a journalist by any stretch, I do like to write articles about news and industry updates that pertain to domain investors. The impetus for some of my articles are press releases that contain valuable insight directly from companies in the industry.
I get a lot of press releases, but I hardly post any of them or any articles about them. Most of the press releases I receive are either over-hyped, poorly written, or don’t really give enough value to a broad audience. I like posting articles about news, but it really should be news rather than hype.
If your company operates in the domain space and has news that will impact domain investors – or you feel that an upcoming event would be of interest to domain investors, please add me to your press release distribution. I can’t guarantee that your news will be posted, but it doesn’t hurt to add me.
Here are a few tips to getting your Press Release published:
- Include the payoff/benefit in the opening paragraph or title – and in the email in which the press release is attached
- Make sure it reads well and isn’t filled with grammar or spelling errors
- Do not over hype what you are offering (there shouldn’t be exclamation points)
- Send your press release to me before it hits the wires
- Include your contact information for follow-up questions
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email