Nice Igloo.com Landing Page
I was doing some domain name research today when I came across a landing page I thought was well done. If you visit Cater.com, you can see that it forwards to a page within the Igloo.com website where a potential buyer can make an offer to purchase the domain name. I think it’s a wise idea to forego a limited amount of PPC revenue in the hopes of closing a sale on this valuable domain name.
Here’s what I like about the landing page:
- It is abundantly clear that the domain name is for sale, and the domain name is is being represented by a professional brokerage.
- The broker’s contact information is listed clearly so a potential buyer can call the person who should know all of the details about the domain name.
- Having the broker’s image on the page can help a buyer “connect” with the broker before speaking. There’s probably a good reason why most real estate agents have their photo on listing pages, signage, and business cards.
Here’s what I would change:
- Stronger call to action to get someone to make a competitive offer
- Change the heading “THE DOMAIN NAME CATER.COM MAY BE FOR SALE” because the domain name is definitely for sale.
I think it’s wise for the domain owner to let the broker manage leads, especially if the broker has exclusivity. I would want to see communication reports for leads generated from the domain name to stay apprised of the status of negotiations.
What are your thoughts on the landing page?
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email