Saturday Updates – Daylight Savings
We got walloped with snow yesterday, and I am sore from shoveling it from the steps and walkway. It’s one of the first times I was able to shovel in about ten years. Anyway, I always seem to forget about Daylight Savings Time, so I figured I’d give you a reminder.
Daylight Savings Time starts on Sunday at 2am, so don’t forget to move your clocks forward an hour before you goto bed tonight.
Here are some weekly updates and tips for you:
- I wasn’t inclined to sell KJP.com, but I closed a deal on the domain name this week. The company that bought it uses KJP for its initials, and I am sure they will benefit from owning the shorter domain name. This deal resulted from an inquiry on my company website.
- I had a $20,000 deal on the Domain Name Sales platform a couple of weeks ago, and it seems like the buyer isn’t going to pay. Sucks to lose out on a solid deal like that, but I am considering legal action to enforce the deal.
- I know someone looking to buy a 3 letter .com domain name with a budget of $9,000 for the purchase. If you are selling one that doesn’t include the letters X, Q, or Z, please post the name and price in the comment section.
- If you want to get eyes on your domain name, contact a broker directly. If you list your name on Afternic, Sedo, Aftermarket.com, or other marketplace, it’s very possible it will be lost in the shuffle. Reach out to one of the company’s domain brokers about your name. Ask their opinion and see if they have any buyers off the top of their head. Ask them if they’d broker the name for you, assuming they are interested. As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
- If you are planning to attend the TRAFFIC conference in Las Vegas, keep your eyes on airfare deals. JetBlue had a good price last week, and it seems that prices are still fluctuating quite a bit, with some excellent deals to be had if you find one at the right time.
- Speaking of Rick Schwartz… he held a “draft” this morning for JointVentures.com. The first pick of the draft was uBuy.com. I am curious what your top choice would have been if you were working with the company. You can visit JointVentures.com and click on the “premium domains available” tab to see a list of what’s available.
- Don’t forget to move your clocks forward an hour before you go to bed. We lose an hour of sleep tonight, but the extra hour of sunlight is worth it!
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email