Sunday Business Updates and Thoughts
I am training for the PMC, and yesterday marked the first time I did two long cycling rides on consecutive days. I am a bit sore today but not feeling nearly as badly as I thought I might. I appreciate the words of support that have been given, and I also appreciate the help with fundraising. Just under two months to go before the 2-day, 163 mile ride.
Here are some thoughts and updates I want to share with you today. You are welcome to share yours as well.
- The CPM.com UDRP decision is an interesting read, and the UDRP discussion seems pretty strange to me.
- UDRPSearch.com is a great tool to learn about UDRP cases and track decisions. As I told them, I wish they would email me when decisions are rendered or cases are updated.
- I was negotiating with a prospective end user buyer on a domain name he inquired about. He offered $10k and I offered my domain name for $75k. He proceeded to tell me that it wasn’t worth $75k because it was a dated term and the new gTLD domain names are gaining steam. It’s a bit amusing when someone offers 5 figures for a domain name and then proceeds to tell you about the flaws.
- I don’t understand how people can misinterpret domain name inquiry forms that clearly state the domain name is for sale. I occasionally receive strange messages on landing pages that make me question how the heck someone could think it was something totally unrelated.
- Name.com shared an update that might be of interest to people seeking out some of Rightside’s premium new gTLD domain names: “This Thursday, June 16 from 3 to 5 p.m. MDT (9 to 11 p.m. UTC), Rightside Premiums will be 50% off (Not including Platinum domains, limit 10 Premiums per user). This will stack on the Rightside Premium promotion we currently have going on, so any domains registered at this sale will renew at $12.50 for life as long is it stays at Name.com and is not allowed to expire.”
- The Undeveloped.com auction ends in just a couple of days. There seem to be quite a few solid domain names up for auction.
- It was a bit strange to see that Volkswagen filed a case at WIPO for the Volkswagen.Mom domain name. Seems like a never-ending battle for brands. Wonder if they have plans to use Volkswagen.Mom or if they were doing it for defensive reasons.
- Theo Develegas updated the TeamSilver.Rocks logo for me. Previously, the logo theme was centered around bike riding. However, my wife decided to run the Boston Marathon to raise funds for Dana-Farber rather than riding the PMC, so a new logo was necessary. I am hopeful that my kids will learn about the value in helping others, and they will be a part of Team Silver fundraising in the future, however they choose to give back.
- Thanks to Francois from Domaining.com for helping me promote my PMC ride!
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email