Updated End User Sales Email
I am always tweaking the emails I individually send to end users, and I want to share the latest iteration. Please keep in mind that I individually send these emails to hand selected recipients who I think would be good prospects for the acquisition. It’s similar to what I do when I want to buy a domain name.
There are a few things to note:
- I try to address the email to the person receiving it (no “Hi,” but “Hi John”).
- I include a link to my website so they can see who I am and that it’s not a scam.
- I add some urgency with the mention of the auctionÂ possibility.
- I don’t list the price so I can receive offers and open a dialog
- Subject is usually [DomainName – Opportunity] or along those lines.
Let me know what you think of the email and if you would change anything.
Update: For the sake of this post, I am discussing the marketing side of selling a domain name rather than the legal aspect of sending emails. I am not an attorney and can’t advise you on legal issues, like the CAN SPAM ACT in the US, or any other legal issue related to sending email in any jurisdiction.
Reach out to Elliot: Twitter | Google + | Facebook | Email